TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Your Contract – Key Terms and Warranties
Essential contract provisions
Lifestyle Mobility has carefully explained the type of scooter to the purchaser or the purchaser has purchased the scooter online. You have received the product in good working order and condition.
What we need from you
- That you provide accurate information about the weight which the scooter is required to carry and the purposes for which the product is required.
- That where you are purchasing through a rent-to-buy arrangement you are able to pay a 10% deposit.
- That you acknowledge that you are satisfied with the product as purchased and Lifestyle Mobility has explained that the scooter is suitable for general use and provided you with basic information as to the use of the product/scooter.
- That you maintain your scooter in accordance with the Product Manual, including checking tyre pressure monthly, charging the battery as advised in the Product Manual and having the scooter serviced every 12 months.
- That if there is a warranty issue or repair required, you are responsible for delivering the scooter or part to us, or to an authorised agent of Lifestyle Mobility for assessment. If you are unable to deliver the scooter or part to Lifestyle Mobility or to a technician authorised by us, we may be able to assist. However, that will be at the cost of the customer and dependent on customer location.
All orders can be made online via our website or over the phone on 1800 703 244. You will receive an email concerning your order.
Shipping and Delivery
All orders are shipped by third party couriers, such as Toll, Ipec, TNT, Northline, Star Track, Mainfreight etc. Orders are processed and dispatched within 1-5 business days, when stock is available. If there is a waiting time, we will advise the expected waiting time for each model. Once your order is dispatched, the courier service may take 3-21 days delivery, and regional and some remote areas require additional days delivery time. During events such as COVID, flooding or fire, delivery time may increase. We do not have control of the time of delivery once the product has left our warehouse. The customer acknowledges that Lifestyle Mobility does not accept any liability in respect of any delay in the customer receiving the products.
Deliveries are made Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm only. We will provide a contact number for the relevant freight company and all tracking details upon dispatch from our warehouse. We cannot guarantee a specific delivery date or time. Please follow your tracking number, with the courier provided to get updates on delivery. If you are not at home to accept delivery; or delivery occurs to a regional home, is a bulk order or a tail lift surcharge, this charge will be invoiced to the customer. This will be discussed at the time of sale. Any additional fees, for example a failed attempt to deliver or storage fees, will be charged to the customer.
Please ensure that you (or someone else) is at home during expected delivery. If you are not at home at the time of the delivery, you will be notified and charged a redelivery plus storage fees.
Lifestyle Mobility is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. Some products may have a waiting period for processing and production time. During this processing time we cannot cancel the order once production is under way of your mobility scooter. Delivery dates are given as an ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) and ETD (Estimated Time of Dispatch), which is subject to change.
When delivered, your scooter will be in a box approximately 90% assembled and ready to go. Lifestyle Mobility is not responsible for completing assembly and fine tuning of your scooter, unboxing and disposing of all packaging, unless prior agreements are made with the sales team. The customer is responsible for completing assembly and fine tuning of all parts. The customer is responsible for checking and inspecting all goods received as soon as practicable and within 24 hours of delivery you must submit a Warranty Claim Form to Lifestyle Mobility if there are any issues. Although the scooters are already set up and quality checked by a technician, the customer is responsible for doing a safety check before driving, such as brakes, handle bars, tyres, batteries, and tightening all nuts and screws.
The failure of Lifestyle Mobility to deliver the goods by the time specified by the customer, does not entitle the customer to treat the contract as repudiated.
Lifestyle Mobility may withhold further delivery of goods in the event that the customer has not paid its invoice by the due date.
If goods are damaged in transport by fault of the courier, then an insurance claim will be made against the courier to repair or replace the goods.
Payment, Pricing and Promotions
All prices include GST unless otherwise stated. Prices are subject to change at any notice. We accept credit card payments for Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Bank EFT, Money Order, Bank Cheque. We also have many payment plan options available. Please see our “Buy Now, Pay Later” options, or call us on 1800 703 244 to discuss further and apply.
When purchasing from Lifestyle Mobility, your financial details are protected and disposed of securely as soon as your payment has been processed. We do not keep your financial details on file at any time. If you have questions regarding our security policy, please complete our online contact form.
Returns, Repairs & Replacements
We do not accept any cancellations, returns and refunds. Any deposit made for an order is non-refundable. All products are guaranteed to work on arrival, as they are quality checked and tested before delivery. If in any case, a part of your product is not working on arrival or there is major damage, it will be assessed by Lifestyle Mobility or one of their authorised agents and repaired under warranty.
We do not accept refunds. Please choose carefully. We do not give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. If your item is faulty, or has major damage, your issue will be assessed and repaired under warranty.
Release and Waiver of Public Liability and Injury
Driving a mobility scooter can be dangerous and can cause injury and death, to the customer and to others in the public. It should be treated in a similar manner to driving a car. By buying any product from Lifestyle Mobility, the customer takes responsibility for their own safety, and the safety of the public. You agree to follow your State Government’s road rules and laws. The customer agrees not to drive a mobility scooter where it is not allowed. If the customer modifies any parts, modifies the power or increases the speed limits above the legal limit of any mobility scooter sold by Lifestyle Mobility, the customer is not allowed to use the scooter on roads or in public. If this occurs, it will void the customer’s warranty. The customer agrees to have read and understood all the risks and agrees to waive and release Lifestyle Mobility from any responsibility and liability to the customer and the public.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Lifestyle Mobility, its subsidiaries and affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, Lifestyle Mobility products or services, third party materials, products, or services made available through www.lifestylemobility.com.au or any part of the Lifestyle Mobility service.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that Lifestyle Mobility is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of our product or service including our website forum.
If you are dissatisfied with any Lifestyle Mobility products, or services, or with any of Lifestyle Mobility Terms and Conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using Lifestyle Mobility service or goods.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Lifestyle Mobility from and against any and all third-party claims, demand, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees arising from or related to any breach by you of these terms & conditions or applicable law, including those regarding intellectual property.
Lifestyle Mobility will endeavor to resolve all complaints amicably. Through our online contact form, we welcome all customer queries, feedback or complaints.
The applicable law is the Australian law relating to Fair Trading, as well as the Trade Practices Act 1974 and the Commonwealth Privacy Act of 1988. Dispute resolution is available in each State and Territory.
If the Customer detects what is believed to be a mechanical fault, they must in the first instance follow the trouble shooting exercise set out in accordance with the Product Manual before contacting Lifestyle Mobility. The customer shall not return any of the goods without first following this process below and immediately contacting Lifestyle Mobility via the Warranty Repairs form to enable a written Returns Authorisation to be issued.
If your Lifestyle Mobility product needs repair and is covered under the Warranty Conditions, the customer will have to produce the Proof of Purchase document. The Warranty Repairs Form must be submitted. Please fill out the online form with all details, description, and photo or video evidence. All warranty claims have to be approved by Lifestyle Mobility management.
Warranty service must be performed by an authorised Lifestyle Mobility representative. We reserve the right to replace warranted parts with refurbished or new parts at our discretion. All service calls, call-out fees, pick up and transportation costs or any other charges associated with assessing mobility scooter issues are the responsibility of the purchaser. Warranty is for the replacement of the part only and does not include freight for replacement parts. Customers must not return any items to Lifestyle Mobility without written prior authorisation.
Once the product is returned to the showroom and assessed by Lifestyle Mobility’s technician and management as a warranty issue, Lifestyle Mobility will honour the warranty repair and cover the cost. Note that this will not occur where the fault is caused by driver misuse or accident.
Warranty claims are subject to the scooter having a full service completed approximately 12 months after the purchase date at a place authorised by Lifestyle Mobility. It is the owner’s responsibility to organize and pay for this service. If the service is not completed approximately 12 months after purchase, the warranty period may be void.
How The Warranty Applies
As the retailer, we warrant against possible manufacturing defects, provided the following conditions are satisfied:
- The Warranty Repairs Form must be submitted for approval online.
- Proof of purchase. The warranty starts on the date of purchase.
- The claim can only be assessed by Lifestyle Mobility management.
- 2 year’s warranty on the mobility scooter mechanics and major components only.
- 6 month’s warranty on the battery, and only if capacity is under 5% of the original rating, or if it does not turn your scooter on at all. It is the customer’s responsibility to have the battery tested under load at a battery centre, authorised by Lifestyle Mobility and where written evidence of the load testing is provided to Lifestyle Mobility.
- Batteries may be replaced once only during the initial warranty period following the sale of the scooter. Whilst it is usual for batteries and tyres to last considerably longer, the extent of battery use and tyre wear and tear is completely beyond the control of Lifestyle Mobility. In both cases, hours of use, the load the batteries are dealing with, distances travelled, and terrain all impact significantly on life of both batteries and tyres.
- Lifestyle Mobility offers a 3-month warranty only on second-hand scooters, unless otherwise stated at point of sale.
How The Warranty Does Not Apply
When the mobility scooter is used negligently or results in damage due to traffic accident, your scooter is not covered under warranty. When your battery starts to lose capacity and runs for less distance, this is not covered under warranty. Top Speed is not covered under warranty, if your scooter does not reach estimated top speeds, this is not covered under warranty. Distance travelled per charge is not covered under warranty, if your scooter does not reach the factory estimated distance advertised, (this is only an estimate) and can vary greatly depending on how you use the scooter, this is not covered under warranty. Batteries do lose capacity over time, capacity loss will not be covered under warranty. If the battery pack is used incorrectly or tampered with, this will void your warranty. If you have not charged your battery regularly, if you have left your battery sitting unused for over a month, this is will void your warranty. If you have damaged your charger or battery by incorrect use, this will not be covered under warranty. We do not guarantee your scooter will be able to power up all hills, and the degree and duration of incline will not be covered under warranty.
Damage ascribed to normal wear and tear and maintenance is not covered under warranty. Wear and tear and maintenance of parts that are not covered under warranty include: tyres, tubes, plastic shrouds, motor brushes, bulbs, fuses, upholstery, armrest pads, general tightening all nuts, and batteries and chargers for second-hand scooters. Accessories are not covered under warranty.
Lifestyle Mobility’s warranty also excludes the following:
- Improper operation, maintenance or use of the product.
- Damage to the scooter or any of its parts including tyres caused by driving inappropriately on rough surfaces such as gravel or stone or in sea water.
- Rust and corrosion as a result of poor maintenance will not be covered.
- Loss or theft of the product or its components and any costs incurred will not be covered.
- Any parts added or altered by a non-authorised person.
- Abuse, misuse, accident or negligence
- Exceeding the specified weight capacity of the product.
- Unauthorised call out fees or freight costs if the product is not returned to Lifestyle Mobility or its authorised dealer.
- Battery fluid spillage or leakage.
- Storage, including failure to store under cover and leaving the product exposed to the weather.
- Commercial use or hire.
- Repairs and / or modifications made to any part without specific written consent of Lifestyle Mobility will not be covered.
- Failure to adhere to the product instructions contained in the Owner’s Manual.
- Acts of Nature, such as lightning strikes, etc.
- Any minor scratches, marks or imperfections will not be covered.
What The Warranty Covers
Original defective parts that are sent to Lifestyle Mobility for assessment will be replaced by the same or similar value part. Lifestyle Mobility exclusively makes the decision whether or not the warranty applies. The Warranty Repair Form must be submitted for approval.
Servicing and Repairs
All servicing and repairs by Lifestyle Mobility that are not under warranty will be at the customer’s cost and the customer will need to allow up to 15 days for servicing/repair work to commence.