Two Year Limited Warranty
The following warranty is granted only to the INITIAL consumer who has purchased our product, and commences on the Date of Purchase by the Consumer from an Authorised Dealer, by Lifestyle Mobility. Any warranty claim must be made in the first instance to the Authorised Dealer from whom the product was purchased, and must be taken to the Authorised Dealer for such claims. If the product is not taken to the Authorised Dealer a call-out fee may be payable. This Warranty Covers all our mobility scooters and power chairs.
Two Year Warranty
For the period of two years, from the date of purchase from the Authorised Dealer, in the event of defective materials or workmanship, Lifestyle Mobility will repair or replace at our option any of the following components found to be defective by an authorised Lifestyle Mobility representative:
• the Steel frame and frame welds; front fork and seat post
• the Transaxle
• the electrical function only of the motor or brake
• wire harnesses
• Dash Assembly
• Battery Charger
• Electronic Controller
• Seat Swivel Mechanism
• Rubber Components, excluding tyres
• Plastic Components, excluding body
Note: An increase in operating noise of the transaxle DOES NOT constitute a defect or major fault. With normal wear and tear, operating noise is expected to increase.
Six Month Warranty
Batteries and tyres are covered by warranty for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase from Lifestyle Mobility. In relation to batteries, the warranty applies, provided the customer has the battery tested under load at a battery center authorised by Lifestyle Mobility and where written evidence of the load testing is provided to Lifestyle Mobility. Note: batteries may be replaced once only during the initial warranty period following sale of the scooter. Whilst it is usual for tyres and batteries to last for considerably longer, the extent of battery use and tyre wear and tear is completely beyond the control of Lifestyle Mobility. In both cases hours of use, the load the batteries are dealing with, distances travelled, and terrain all impact significantly on life of both batteries and tyres.
Lifestyle Mobility does not provide warranty on any of the following items which may require replacement due to the normal wear and tear of day to day usage:
- Tyres and Tubes
- Plastic Shrouds
- Motor Brushes
- Bulbs and Fuses
- Brake pads
- Armrest pads
- Batteries (Please consult battery manufacturer for any implied warranty)
- Loss or theft of components
As well as damage caused by:
- Battery fluid spillage or leakage
- Abuse, misuse, accident or negligence
- Improper operation, maintenance or storage
- Commercial use or use other than normal
- Repairs and / or modifications made to any part without specific written consent of Lifestyle Mobility
- Exceeding the specified weight capacity of the unit
- Accessories other than those supplied or approved by Lifestyle Mobility
- Failure to adhere to the product instructions contained in the Owner’s Manual
- Acts of Nature, such as lightning strikes, etc
- Circumstances beyond the control of Lifestyle Mobility
- Call out fees or freight costs if the product is not returned to the authorised dealer.
- Any parts altered or repaired by unauthorized persons
How to get Warranty Service
Warranty service must be performed by an authorised Lifestyle Mobility representative.
Lifestyle Mobility reserves the right to replace warranted parts with refurbished or new parts at our discretion. All service calls, call-out fees, transportation costs or any other charges associated with any warranty repairs are the responsibility of the consumer.
Warranty is for the replacement of the part only and does not include freight for the replacement parts. Consumers are not to return any item to Lifestyle Mobility without prior written authorisation. Any damages incurred while warranted parts are in transport are the sole responsibility of the consumer.
To receive Warranty Service:
- Contact the Authorised Dealer from whom you purchased the product.
- Arrange to either deliver the product to the Dealer or to have the Dealer call out to inspect the product. Such call-out may attract a fee.
- When the service is complete, either pick up the product from the Dealer or pay for it to be delivered to you.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Any sale of product by Lifestyle Mobility is subject to and conditional upon its general trading terms and conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between those terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, then the terms of this Warranty shall prevail.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
There is no other express warranty
Implied warranties, including those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are excluded. Liabilities for consequential damages are excluded. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.